Saturday, November 1, 2008

Stuttgart Agricultural Museum

If you ever get a chance to go to the Stuttgart Agricultural Museum-go there. I am not a fan of such things usually, however, this place is full of very neat historical things. Not all related to agriculture, everything related to history. These are a few of my favorite pictures. Between Sarah and I passing the camera back and forth we had lots!


Shoes from the 1930's----I want them too cute!

Farming equipment stored in the garage.

Prarie House-
Did you know that trees do not grow well on the prarie?
When the homes were built trees were built on either side of the walkway.
These were called Mom & Pop trees-
Why you ask?
They cut them down to use the lumber for Mom & Pop's coffin.
Talk about forethought.


Cases used to hold letters for an old printing press.
Notice the UPPERCASE? and lowercase?
Yep! I left the museum feeling a little bit smarter!


This is 1/2 of Sarah Jane's class.

Every year for the last several the trip is ended with a visit to Big Banjo Pizza, there in Stuttgart for some yummy treats




No comments: