Emily had her first year playing soccer. These pictures are from the first game of the season. It is hard to tell in these pictures but she LOVES soccer. I never expected her to have this reaction to the sport. Most of you know she spent her elementary years doing team gymnastics leaving no room for other sports. Those years gave her a good work ethic and a strong body! Most other activities she participates in, these qualities have proven to be beneficial.


In the above picture she had just kicked the ball and was backing up. She usually played sweeper, occasionally other positions. In the last game of the season she played an offensive position for the last 2 minutes of the game. Sarah and I were unable to make the last game. Shane and Emily were both excited that she was able to kick the ball into the goal, although she was offsides so there was no score. Are you wondering why I am even mentioning this??? Of the 7 games played our poor (inexperienced) team only scored once. That is once the entire season. Never won a game! I can tell you that Emily cannot wait until next year.......
1 comment:
I played on a softball team and we never won a game the entire season..but I don't remember being bitter about it...just remember having fun. I do remember that the coaches daughter was the pitcher, why is that always the case?
Post a Comment