Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Shiny new shoes......

OK--they are totally not what you are expecting, or maybe they are if you know me! My bestgoodfriendneighbor came home with these yesterday from Target. I am so in love with them I am nervous about wearing them:). Maybe soon..


BTW-The WLR Target has fabulous new buggies. They could have had them for weeks??? Who knows, today they were new to me and sure made me happy for a few minutes. (does that make me sad)?
Whilst taking the photo of the shoes I noticed my counter top (I keep trying to put it out of my mind) and thought I would mention that as well. Not long after we moved in 3+yrs ago the tiled edge of the island fell off slowly. It would get bumped and splat---there it was in the floor. Last week on the left side of the sink I plopped a backpack onto the counter and 2 pieces of tile popped right up.

Being my naturally curious self I went to the other side wondering if it was as loose....as you can see it was. Now Shane is ready for fancy new counters. I am having to warm up to the idea. I am not so good with change. Maybe soon....unless gorilla glue will fix it.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Great shoes - go ahead, take the plunge, wear them, and get new countertops! HA!

Love your blog - so fun! I just now saw it. I'm adding you to my list. I've been neglecting mine last month and am going to have to get back to it more this month.

Your girls are so grown up! Beautiful. They told us at Gracie's dentist check up she would need braces... yeah, I'm really looking foward to paying for that.

Take care! :-)

Tracy said...

Crack me up!!! Your shoes make me feel better about dressing like I'm 25 again. I refuse to have the mom look!!

Did you look into the soapstone we talked about the other day for the countertops?