Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you!
I know I am 3 days late, we have been busy...I know everyone is busy this time of year. Nothing special about that!
Here is a quick rundown of our holiday.
On Christmas Eve after our 6 hour drive to Kansas City, MO we stopped in Lee's Summit to say a quick hello to Shane's grandma and grandpa. While there we changed from our travel clothes to our church clothes to meet the family at the other grandparents (picture below) church for candlelight service at 7:30. My eldest daughter forgot to load her toiletry bag into the car so after church at 8:30 we went to Walgreens to get her a few things. By the time we left there at 9:00 we were STARVING so we had Christmas Eve dinner at Denny's-yep I said Denny's. We generally end up there when nothing else is open, it is on the way to Shane's moms house and it is always yummy. (maybe b/c we do not stop until we are STARVING)
We woke Christmas morning to find Santa had visited and left a 19" TV & a Samsung Propel for Em, and a pretty purple digital camera and Samsung Propel for SJ. Both girls were quite happy with their Christmas gifts. I think this year we all received what we really wanted. Christmas Day is a busy one. We gathered the family at one set of grandparents at 11:00. Had a GREAT time seeing everyone. This year we did things differently than past years, playing dirty Santa with the gift exchange. It was a hoot. Certainly more fun than I thought it would be.
Afterwards we went to the assisted living center to see Shane's other Grandparents, Mom and Earl, and Sister and her family. We were not there long before we left and went to Mom and Earl's house to have a nice Christmas dinner and open (more) gifts. As always everyone did way too much....and Thank you! I have always, since day one felt loved and welcomed by Shane's family. I hear people complain about their in-laws and I know how special (and rare) mine are.
Nanaw & Grandad
Riley's Moonwalk from Santa~
he must have been a very good boy
Em & SJ Christmas Morning

Sarah Jane~Emily
Will~Riley
Christmas Baseball
The Samsung Propel
A Nanaw Sandwich
I think those boys love Nanaw
On the day after Christmas Mom, Lori, Will, and Riley went with the girls and I to see Marley and me. That Marley is a MESS! Nothing like my Ollie! I have to mention that after the movie it took the girls and I an hour and 20 minutes to get out of the parking lot of the strip mall where the movie theater was. OH MY!!! After the movie we went to Lori and Tracey's to see the MOONWALK! It is so cool. I loved it....Riley even let me jump in it! Thanks for sharing Riley.
We woke Saturday morning to a cold front rolling in and packed loaded and left within 30 minutes of waking up!!!! After driving in the rain for 6 hours we were quite happy to get home. Maybe soon the boxes will unpack themselves, while the laundry is doing itself, of course!







1 comment:

Tracy said...

I need a nap after reading about your adventures....so how was the movie? I think T and I are going to see it Wed night or Thursday