Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The things they do!!!




Last weekend we had a couple of funnies that I wanted to share before they leave my mind never to be reclaimed.

The first was at Shane's sister Lori's house. She had not been feeling well and went to the Dr. after work leaving her boys (7 and 5) with their Daddy. From what I understand they thought that Daddy should take them to BK to play and eat dinner. As well as go to the movies and play laser tag. (apparently they are in the same building) When Daddy told them no and they went on home they were FURIOUS! Like on small children can be when they don't get their way. Now, my BIL works nights and this is the time he is sleeping, yet not today b/c he is helping out with the kiddos and lays down and dozes. Lori was LIVID when she was telling me this story so I hope she was exaggerating. They boys had decided they were going to Grandma's they didn't just pack a bag. According to Lori they packed every bag they could find in the house. Tote bags, duffel bags, old diaper bags, backpacks, plastic grocery bags! The way I understand it they even packed some groceries from the pantry. SO FUNNY! Unless you have to clean up after this mess. They are welcome to pack their bag and come live with Aunt Lynn.

The next is about my sweet Sarah Jane. We are fortunate enough to have a yard company that takes care of our yard for us. We pay them plenty of money and in the winter the cut down the frequency quite a bit. I was tickled when they showed up on Friday and cleaned up all the leaves, and we had plenty. The yard looked so pretty. Saturday afternoon I ran to Kroger and came home to find Sarah and her buddies wanted to pile the leaves up so they could jump in them....usually no problem. They went to the neighbors yard with their BIG black trash bag 4 times and dumped these bags right into the middle of my yard like they had just fallen. UGH I know this is a small thing, and so sweet. So, I am not sweating the small stuff! She lives on. at top of post (pictures of them bagging the leaves to go to the curb)
The last- I grilled chicken for dinner and asked the girls how is your chicken? Sarah said "I don't know about any chicken, but my steak is good" we did not try to convince her she was mistaken. Decided to be happy she was eating.




No comments: