Tuesday, December 30, 2008

You might be a redneck if...

You spend your wedding anniversary at deer camp...
We dropped the girls at a friends house, loaded the dog, (and our overnight bags) into the truck. Before you start thinking WOW how cool is that, know that the overnight bag was not necessary. If you know me you know I am not outdoorsy. I have NEVER been to deer camp, and never fired a gun. For our anniversary I did both. This is me in the deer stand with my honey.
No, I was not (and did not) shooting this ?rifle?
Can you tell how much fun Ollie is having? He LOVES the water. And I am afraid that he has the ear infection to go with it. After the mud slopping, he stayed in the camper while we went "hunting".
Feeding the deer?? Really? As if ?
This ranks it the top 3 of anniversaries. We had so much fun, I giggled so much I probably will not be invited back. Apparently the deer do not come running at the sound of laughter. When Shane admonished me walking through the woods for "stepping on leaves and twigs" I lost it....I laughed for the next hour at the entire 'process' of deer hunting. I still do not understand it. Really, not necessary. In the middle of the giggling I started thinking about being in the middle of nowhere, with no on around. I freaked out! I must watch too much TV, because in my head I was going through seasons of NCIS, CSI, and Criminal Minds. How many of those episodes are set in the woods???









1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

For no overnight bag, your hair looks fantastic! What a great wife you are!